About Our Organization
save refugees fights poverty and injustice in 12 countries around the world to help the world’s poorest people find routes out of poverty. We also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives in the aftermath. 89 Cents in every Dollar goes towards our poverty fighting programmes
-Our Organization is non-religious and non-political, allowing us to deliver humanitarian and development assistance to anyone in need regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, age, religion, political view or sexual orientation.
Our mission is to create lasting change in poor communities and put money where it is needed most:
- Serve the needs of the most vulnerable – particularly women and children, victims of natural disasters & civil conflicts, and the poor – with a specific focus on neglected groups and cases.
- Provide holistic, multi-sectoral, sustainable, and pro-poor programs that bridge emergency relief and long-term development at the grassroots level.
- Empower communities by building capacity and by maximizing local resources in both program design and implementation.
- Promote self-reliance, peaceful coexistence, and reintegration of marginalized communities.
- Protect lives from physical injury or death and/or psychological trauma where present.
- Uphold the highest professional norms in program delivery, including accountability to beneficiaries and donors alike.